Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Software

• Please log in to reply

Stpattybaby

Stpattybaby

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I previously had PageMaker 6.5 Plus, and Photoshop 6.0 loaded on my computer. Around Christmas I had to have the hard drive reformatted and have today tried to reload these and NOTHING happens. I've tried just listing files and doing it that way but again nothing happens. Any suggestions? :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
do you get error messages? have you gotten all the windows updates? what exactly do you mean by nothing happens?

Stpattybaby

Stpattybaby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have windows xp sp/2 all updates present. When I hit the install button the drive acts like it's about to start but then nothing happens.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
"i'm tryin to think but nothin happens" ~ curley...sorry....i had to go there....is this the only software you're having problems with? basically...do any cds work?

Stpattybaby

Stpattybaby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes other cds will load with no problem. When I open the files on the disk and try loading that way it still doesn't work. But I did get this error off of clicking on one of the icons. Doesn anyone know what this is and how I can correct the problem if this is one. I'm not real savy on these things.

Windows cannot open this file

To open this file windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer

I chose use the web service to automatically look it up. It took me to http://shell.windows...dir.asp?Ext=lib

I don't know what to do at this point.

Stpattybaby

Stpattybaby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Some how I've managed to get Photoshop to load now all I need is to get PageMaker 6.5 Plus. It now starts the loading process, gets 20% thru then gives me the following error.

An error occurred during process of copying or decompressing files

and above that error the following is stated:

Decompressing files info C:\windows\shellnew
pagemaker.p65

any advice? :tazz: