Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection Probelms

• Please log in to reply

Cleric

Cleric

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Im using a highspeed cable modem thats always on.. When i play my computer in the day my connection is fine.. but when it gets late my net goes out..

The modem is all lighted up still, but on my computer I get a network thingy in the bottom right on the toolbar saying my connection has limited or no activity. It only does this at night which I find really odd..

But when it does it I cant access the internet, and if i do it runs really really bad.
Ive tried using WinsockFix, and I went into control panel and clicked repair connection but nothing helps..

Please Help me,
Thx

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Google " speedtest "

Find a line speedtest for your location

Run it when you boot, then every hour, you will need to clear the browser cache before running the test

Note the line speeds then contact your ISP when you have a few days results which consistently show connection trouble