Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GOT a >?< for ya

• Please log in to reply

Boomer_2008

Boomer_2008

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
i want to just delete IE with out messing anything up i have talked to a few people that have Got rid of IE all together its just a wast of space in my eyes i use Firefox :tazz: :),..............

WHat should i do is there anything i can do??????? :) :)

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I wouldn't recommend deleting IE. I use FF myself, as well. But you have to have IE to get your Windows updates. You can't use FF for those, and it is critical to keep Windows up to date.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Windows Exporer is also part of IE and I suspect you use that regularly. No, don't delete IE.

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Actually you can get windows updates with FF. But that's said.. IE is bundled into the OS itself, so don't delete it. Just don't use it :tazz:

Boomer_2008

Boomer_2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
yeah Alrighty its gay but i guess it can stay

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
You don;t need IE for updates, just enable automatic updates. also theres a plugin for firefox that allows you to do it manually if you dont want to enable automatic updates

http://www.geekstogo...Fox-t57700.html