Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

configuring java

• Please log in to reply

EmilyBean

EmilyBean

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I had a problem a while ago with my java not installing. however, it was fixed and I now have a complete installation. the only problem is that now, java does not work and I don't know how to configure it.
one thing I am noticing (I have tried playing around with it) is that when I go into the java control panel and then advanced- <applet> - Internet explorer is checked but mozilla/netscape is not. when I try to check mozilla, I get the following error:
"unable to change browser settings. please check that mozilla or netscape is properly installed on the system and/or that you have sufficient permissions to change system settings."

also, although the IE box is checked, java does NOT work with that browser either. java pop-ups don't load at all, when I try to click the links absolutely nothing happens.

there are no problems with my mozilla installation, and I know there's nothing wrong with netscape because I only downloaded it recently to see if I could use java with it.

Advertisements