Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

best...

• Please log in to reply

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
p2p program whats the best p2p program people have used?

im not sure if it is agianst the rules to talk about p2p progrmas if it is then im sorry

Advertisements

Scooped

Scooped

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
The old version of Bearshare Pro, which you can use for free, illegally. I'd try to stay away from p2p though.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Downloading Music Is legal and you MAY get a fine of loads of money and when you download a file it may CONTAIN SPYWARE or any other parasite YOU have been WARNED!

customcomp

customcomp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
any thing i download (witch is not often) will get scaned by norton

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hiya

there is no problem with asking about a P2P application nere, it is the improper use of the apps which is not acceptable.

The problem with P2P apps is that some of them are actually the infection route for malware themselves, never mind anything that you download.

There is a very usefull list of both clean and infected applications here that y ou may find usefull.

UKBiker

btw, I would not rely on Norton to detect anything nasty hiding in your downloads.

customcomp

customcomp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
thanx for you info :tazz:

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello UKBiker,

I wanted to say thank you for a posting a response about P2P programs that is reasonable and sums up the terms of use for posters with possible pit falls of P2P use. I have seen a number of other mods just blanket respond to any P2P question with "discussing program XYZ is against the Terms of Use" which is simply not correct. There are a growing number of legitimate uses of file sharing and glad to hear that they can be discussed without threat of banishment. Kudos to you.

Cheers,
Tom

Hiya

there is no problem with asking about a P2P application nere, it is the improper use of the apps which is not acceptable.

The problem with P2P apps is that some of them are actually the infection route for malware themselves, never mind anything that you download.

There is a very usefull list of both clean and infected applications here that y ou may find usefull.

UKBiker

btw, I would not rely on Norton to detect anything nasty hiding in your downloads.

View Post