Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes burning cd error

• Please log in to reply

DOTCOMNUMBER7

DOTCOMNUMBER7

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Basically, when I try and burn a cd using iTunes, I get the following error:

The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (4450)

Any ideas? :tazz:

Advertisements

DOTCOMNUMBER7

DOTCOMNUMBER7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
bump

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
hi , DOTCOMNUMBER7 i may have the answer to your problem:

Some CD-RW drives may not work with iTunes. To see if iTunes works with a drive, choose Edit > Preferences, then click the Burning tab. If your drive is listed, it will work with iTunes. If you don't see your device listed in the Burning pane of iTunes preferences, it may not be a supported drive or the correct drivers may not be installed. To install the appropriate drivers, reinstall iTunes.

DOTCOMNUMBER7

DOTCOMNUMBER7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks very much for your help. I have checked under the burning tab and my drive is listed: D: QSI DVDRW SDW-041

Is there anything else that could be causing the problem?

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
could it be Drivers and is ITunes Supported with Windows 98 ?

DOTCOMNUMBER7

DOTCOMNUMBER7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
My operating system despite what it says on my username stuff is Windows XP Home Edition.

And how wud I check if it is my drivers that are causing the problem?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I am unfamiliar with itunes as a burner, but there should be an option to reduce the speed of the burn...try half the speed your drive supports

Also, I've heard, that changing the default gap between songs from 2 second to none will solve this issue.

Finally, uninstall itunes, then reinstall it, preferably and earlier version

hungry414

hungry414

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi
i am also having the same error burning cds with itunes. It has worked in the past (for over a year). a couple of weeks ago i was burning a series of playlists, and i got through the first 2 before i got an error. Since then I have not been able to successfully burn a cd. What happened? It usually makes it through almost half before I have an error.
Thanks!

nms197

nms197

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i was getting 4280 error and not able to burn cd in itunes, i updated itunes and changed burn speed to 16x, plus 2 second gap, then it seemed to work, and got the 4580 error, did you check the cdafter that? mine had actually worked, although not named the songs or the cd, so had to do manuaally, otherwise ha worked

akabowers

akabowers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
GerryF!! That was it! I've been searching for a solution for this same problem for days! I burn disks from ITunes constantly. 1/2 way through a stack of disks I was burning I got this error "The attempt to burn a disk failed and unknown error occured (4450". I had tried solution after solution and was just about convinced that my drive was toast. I changed my gap to "0" and reduced my speed to 16X and Waa Laa!
Thank You Thank You Thank You!