Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd rw

• Please log in to reply

asparkman

asparkman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Please help me. I have an Aopen DUW 1608/ARR drive . Everytime I put a DVD into it, then my computer says (system not responding) and it eventually freezes and then I have to restart the whole thing again. i Can burn a cd using the drive but that's it. My operating system is Windows XP pro. and I am using Cyberlink DVD player and the NERO 6.6 for burning. I've tried using the drive with other programs but I still am getting the same problem. I know that I have an athlon Processor as well. I don't know what to do. I have even downloaded the lates firmware for the drive. please help

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You haven't provided us with any other information about your system, is it custom or factory, brand and model, etc.. When anybody has problems with optical drives my first thought is, "are the chipset drivers up to date". They're a common cause and very easy to fix.

asparkman

asparkman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
it is custom built sir. actually it started out as an HP presario but the mother board got fried so it was scrapped and rebulit with the athlon processor and. What is a chipset Driver? :ph34r: :ph34r: :) :) :tazz: :)