Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

what is truly THE best FREE web hoster?

• Please log in to reply

akashlee

akashlee

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I am thinking of making a fanfiction (for Anime) web site. The truth is (and the truth always hurts, but in this case it is actually quite sad, in a bad way) I am not that good in HTML anymore. The reasons for this is that I have in doing a lot of my school work, and everytime I make a web site (I made a bunch but I had lot of pass, one of them became extremely popular. I had given up on it, but then I got a personal email from a couple of people congratulating me on making such an awsome site. So I decided to check bad, and what do you know, there were over a thousand unique hits and etc. The next part really pissed me off, I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!!!!!!!!) :ph34r: :) :)

Oh well that was too long ago to cry about. So I am going to make a another web site, it would need unlimited pages (because after all, it is a fanfiction site. And it will have a lot of fanfics with lots of pages). Free webs was awsome, but sadly, it didn't have unlimited pages. That sucks (Simple yet hurtful, to the Free Webs people). Though I still want to use it. Since it doesn't have unlimited pages, does anyone know where I could find another FREE hoster that gives unlimited pages?

See, my plan is to have the actual site that introduces the vistors with freewebs (because it looks nice) and the fanfiction will go in another web site (Sill the same name with the first web site hosted by freewebs). So help me? :tazz: :tazz: :)

Lol, I think i talked enough.... :ph34r: :tazz: :) :)

Advertisements

akashlee

akashlee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
PS: you guys cold also suggest anything other than Free Web
Kay?

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
there are so many check here it has nearly every (good) one

http://forums.gamema...?showtopic=6978

thats without a doubt the best answer yur gonna get

ps a bit of advice dont go with websamba i sighned up 3 days ago and i still havnt gotten my password

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
This is just a complete guess on my part so I could be wrong, but when you are asking for unlimited pages, are you really asking for unlimited storage? If thats the case, I doubt you'll find it, as even the sites that charge for their services have limitations on the size of the website and the bandwidth/downloads.

Just my 02 cents worth

best regards,

EMCguy

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
yupz cheking link seems good one

NullWolf

NullWolf

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
"best free host"
Find a friend that doesn't mind hosting your page / site and talk them into giving you a subdomain all your own. :tazz:

No annoying ad banners popups etc.

Edited by NullWolf, 25 August 2005 - 11:15 AM.

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
ya im gonna guess that youve strolled across lissa explains it all well in one of her
pages it says that she had to upgrade because even though it said she had unlimited bandwidth they still told her to upgrade

mok_dontblink

mok_dontblink

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:)
Nullwolf: what do jou mean with this.

"best free host"
Find a friend that doesn't mind hosting your page / site and talk them into giving you a subdomain all your own. biggrin.gif

No annoying ad banners popups etc.

does that mean i can put the io adress of my friend as host :tazz:

best regards,
don't blink

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
by the way you shouldnt use freewebs the download rate is the slowest yet