Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I was getting some errors so I ran memtest and found one of my stick of RAM had errors on it (which is annoying as it's brand new). I was wondering if there;s any way to fix memory errors?

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had a similiar problem and if any of :tazz: the Geeks Emiritus would oblige some comments would be for some interesting conversation. On boot up i would get amount of memory has changed every now and then, I would switch slots it would go away then come back so I took it out but darnit since it was 512 pc133 it was quite a bill for a starving student. I was just wondering is there any simple way of resurrecting the stick or is it doomed to go the way of all the earth. Thanks geeks

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

In a nutshell, NO..

The problem will lie in one of the chips and there is nothing the user can do to fix that..

RMA it for replacement..