Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nvidia Geforce 6600 GO driver problem?

• Please log in to reply

zsigger

zsigger

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys and thanks for the help, and putting up this great site
I am having problem with my geforce 6600 go graphic card. I have a widescreen laptop computer and videos all come in a zoom like format.. even on the internet.. the problem with that is I can't see but a part of each video file. Even if I put to full screen I can't get the full picture. I'm not sure what's going on. This is a new lap and my first widescreen so maybe it's something simple as a push of a button, but I'm stumped. Also I tried to upgrade the lap with a new driver from nvidia, only so they could say that they found nothing compatible in the computer. Would that message come because I didn't get rid of the old driver first? I think that's a little to dupious for my taste. So you guys have any ideas?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
it's probably a format issue not a driver issue....possibly a video codec....there is probably a way within your media player of choice to set things for wide screen (though i have no idea for sure) it may also just be that the videos aren't formated in widescreen format....if you put a dvd in the machine (assuming you have a dvd player..and..honestly..why get a widescreen laptop without one) that is widescreen format....does it do the same thing? or does it play well

zsigger

zsigger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
that doesnt seem to be the case. I installed klite codec pack...made no difference.. checked out all settings. nothing vagly resembles settings for this zoom wide screen effect. I just can't get the normal vision. I admit that I havent switched to normal window, not the wide screen since I plan to use the full screen. is it possibly a driver difficulty? and I still cant install any driver from nvidia from their site.. any suggestions are greatly appreciated