Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Home Page Changes Automatically

• Please log in to reply

SilverShadow

SilverShadow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=

This morning when I opened my computer, I noticed that after I went to my regular home page, MSN, it would change automatically to Yahoo. I've checked my internet options and it shows MSN as my home page. I have no idea what's going on with this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
try checking your hosts to see if there are any redirections or if there is not you may have the case of spyware !

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
while not technically malware, the process by which this is occuring is the same