Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Has Encountered a Problem [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dave.dayton

dave.dayton

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I try to view webpages within IE 6 SP2, I get the 'IE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.' I have just finished updating XP to SP2.
In an attempt to fix the problem I have run Ad-aware SE, CWShredder, Spybot S&D, Xoftspy and PC-cillin Internet Security. The following is my Hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:02:47 AM, on 8/24/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\ActionAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\Bjmcmng.exe
C:\DMI\WIN32\bin\DellDmi.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\EventAgt.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\DLT.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\Iap.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\dmi\win32\bin\Win32sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\BJLaunch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Netropa\OSD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\MICHAE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://business.dellnet.com/
O2 - BHO: VideoCCodec module - {58DBCE03-FFC3-4452-AB1D-C19EE9825A50} - C:\WINDOWS\videoc.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellTouch] C:\WINDOWS\DELLMMKB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJLaunchEXE] C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\BJLaunch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vmcleaner] gxlib.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1124848502328
O23 - Service: ActionAgent - Dell Computer Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\ActionAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Canon BJ Memory Card Manager (Bjmcmng) - CANON INC. - C:\Program Files\Canon\BJCard\Bjmcmng.exe
O23 - Service: DellDmi - Dell Computer Corporation - C:\DMI\WIN32\bin\DellDmi.exe
O23 - Service: DEventAgent - Dell Computer Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\EventAgt.exe
O23 - Service: DLT - Dell Computer Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\DLT.exe
O23 - Service: Iap - Dell Computer Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\Iap.exe
O23 - Service: Kodak Camera Connection Software (KodakCCS) - Eastman Kodak Company - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KodakCCS.exe
O23 - Service: MPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Canon\MultiPASS\mpservic.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ScsiAccess - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ScsiAccess.EXE
O23 - Service: Win32Sl - Intel - C:\dmi\win32\bin\Win32sl.exe

Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Advertisements

miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Can you send me a copy of next file please?

C:\WINDOWS\videoc.dll

send it to miekiemoesATmalware-research.co.uk (AT=@)

First of all, you didn't unzip/extract hijackthis.. and it's still in the tempfolder.
So I strongly advise to unzip/extract hijackthis.zip.
Read here how to unzip/extract properly:
http://metallica.gee...xplanation.html
Create a permanent folder and move hijackthis.exe into it. The reason is because hijackthis creates backups and when it's in your temp-folder it can be accidentally deleted.
How do you make a permanent folder:

Click My Computer, then C:\ and then on Program Files.
In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.
That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
Now you have C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Put your HijackThis.exe there.

I also see that you don't have an antivirus and firewall installed on your system. So I strongly suggest you install them!!

AVG, Bitdefender OR Avast are good FREE antivirus.
Never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give problems and decreases the reliability of it seriously!
Zonealarm, Kerio OR Sygate are FREE firewalls.

Understanding and using firewalls

Update your antivirus and let it perform a full scan and let it delete everything it is finding.

Reboot afterwards and post a new hijackthislog. :tazz:

miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,503 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.