Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

It began with DrWatson Postmortem Debugger

• Please log in to reply

Emberceo

Emberceo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
And now i have found a new file C:\!submit
It won't let me scan it or delete it and I am pretty sure it is causing my computer to crash. Is there anything I can do at this point or do I just need to take the computer back down to factory settings?

Advertisements

Vindicare

Vindicare

• Pip
  • 6 posts
okay first time riting response, loadsa stuff above wat im riting now hav no idea wat it means but hey ho.
okay, im fairly certain i can fix ur Task Manager problem, got this ages ago, but never forgot about it! lol, hacked me off for months. okay, i THINK u need to download a piece of software, its freeware, called Stinger, just type download stinger into google it'll find it, sorry im rubbish, i havent put a link. Im about 99 percent certain this is the thing taht destroyed the problem. at least thats the only reason i remember knowing of it, as my uncle an IT technician person told me bout it, and it worked, the thing watever it is tahts attacking ur task manager (this is hopefully to help ppl who know more then me like admin or whoever fix the prob if Stinger doesnt) in the buttons at the top of task manager wen u get it back hava look, there is 'file' 'view' so forth, in 'view' there are 3 options, one ata time can be ticked, wat the 'thing' thats attacking u does, is tick all of em! minimize, hide etc etc, it seems simple but annoying. Use Stinger, just run Stinger.exe wen u get it, and let it do its thing, follow instructions, and it shuld do it, iif this worx post back, so i know, if not, i'll hav another think.
Rick

p.S i think it is the iwarry thing by the way but most programs wont destroy it, Stinger will, i'll eat my mouse if it dont!