Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nvidia help

• Please log in to reply

mad4mp3z

mad4mp3z

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i just installed the nvidea gforce4 mx 460 it will run of the widows built in driver but when i install the proper driver off of the nvidia website it causes the computer to crash. your answer is "dont use it use the windows one" well i would but the windows driver doesent support the video output the card has , and i want to use it

after installing the nvidia driver it askes to restart the comp so i do that resatrt but as windows is loading the wee blu bar is scolling from left to right then THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH ARRRGH NOOOO and the error messege:
***STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF4DFC3A1, 0XF9E851E8, 0XF9E84EE8)
appears . if i restart the pc and ininstall it in safe mode the comp goes back to being normal using the windows biult in driver but no luck with the video out and help would be much apreciated CHEERS MADZ oh n sorry if there are any typo's

Edited by mad4mp3z, 24 August 2005 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

You may want to review the instalation hints if you have not already done so.

You should also try and run driver cleaner to remove any old drivers that windows add remove might have missed or did not totally remove, then reinstall the nvidia driver from there website or from the cd that came with the card.

Rick

mad4mp3z

mad4mp3z

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cheers dude will do :tazz:
oh n if that dont work will i just assume that it aint compatable with my system

Edited by mad4mp3z, 25 August 2005 - 03:37 AM.