Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue screen (BSOD) Erroc Code 0000007B

• Please log in to reply

Deviatorz

Deviatorz

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I've read the list of BSOD Erroc Codes and found this problem. I am trying to fix my friend's hard drive. At first he couldn't boot in Windows (NT 2000) so I used my hard drive and looked at boot.ini in my friends hard drive ( I don't have windows NT 2000 nore installation disk or any type of boot disk). So I checked hte boot.ini and it was not normal so I changed it to the normal settings (searched through internet). So now I start up the computer and it give me this BSOD Error, 0000007B Inaccessable_Boot_Device. So I read the list of erroc codes and from what I learn, it's that since the hard drive is used more my computer, the "device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process". So I could go back to his house to check if thats the problem, but to save me some time, are there any other solutions I could try before sending it back? Thanks in advanced.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It might be a good idea to define normal....you said you checked and it was not, then you made the boot.ini file "normal" and now it says inaccesible boot device.....

The fact that you changed is boot.ini based on your perception of it not being normal concerns me, especially since very few things alter the boot.ini file.

I would like to know first why he could not boot with his harddrive--what occured?

Odds are you have not made the situatin better, but compounded the problem

Deviatorz

Deviatorz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

It might be a good idea to define normal....you said you checked and it was not, then you made the boot.ini file "normal" and now it says inaccesible boot device.....

The fact that you changed is boot.ini based on your perception of it not being normal concerns me, especially since very few things alter the boot.ini file.

I would like to know first why he could not boot with his harddrive--what occured?

Odds are you have not made the situatin better, but compounded the problem

View Post

naa i the problem got fixed, i uesd my othre hard drive and scanned for virus, got a couple and removed them, i was in a rush so i couldnt explain by normal for the boot.ini, wen i went to check it, the file had a whole bunch of scrammbled letters, so im guessing it was either the virus that caused or maybe my friends dad installed something, i dunno, but its all good now.