Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd rw

• Please log in to reply

terryco

terryco

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
i have just installed a dvd rw.the driver allows me to download and play music but when i try to install the software for the dvd i get the message only part of a read process memory or write process memory request was completed and another message is demo 32.exe this aplication failed to initialze properly 0xc0000006 click here to terminate. can anyone help me to solve this problem

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Terryco

What is the name of the app that you are trying to install, PowerDVD, WinDVD, confused1.gif according to a search on Google, Demo32.exe is part of the demosheild installer for the program and cannot find the path to the executable file to install.

What you could try to do is fully uninstall the programs related to the DVD software, reboot and try running the installer program again, sometimes it is just a hiccup that the cp has and only another attempt at an install will work. Hope this helps.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
the software i got with the drive are nero oem suite, and cyberlink multi multimedia pack. if i play or copy a music cd its fine but it wont open any computor software obliged for any assistance.

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Let me see if I got your problems right......You have installed a DVD - RW onto your cp, it is working ok, you can play a music CD from it and burn to the DVD using Nero. I can assume that you are able to watch a DVD also?

You are running into problems installing any software from the DVD-RW, lets say a Video game, and receive the error about Demo32.exe, or do you just receive the error from one program that you are trying to install from disk?

Do you also have just the DVD-RW or do you still have a CD-ROM also? If so, do you also run into errors or problems with the CD-ROM? If you are having problems with both, I would suggest changing the IDE cable.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
sorry for delay in replying. i can play and burn a music cd but any other software, games or dvds will not play i just get the messages i wrote in my first email i have tried different cables but its still the same.pc world where i got the player say the problem must be with windows and not the player i am running windows xp and have installed serice pack2 people advised me not to do this do you think this may cause the problem