Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laptop Pentium 4 issue

• Please log in to reply

basketball346

basketball346

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey all , i appreciate anyone's help on this problem. I am in my 2nd year at college and my parents bought me a laptop for my college. It is required as i am a computer major (ironic i'm asking for help eh?). But my parents didnt consult me and just bought the laptop.

It is an HP Compaq nx9110 business notebook.
Specs are:
2.8 Ghz processor
1.25 gig of memory
40 gig HD
Win XP Pro

The problem is when i move my mouse and have keys pressed (such as when i'm typing or playing CS) the computer uses up all of its processor usage and it spikes to 100% and the computer freezes. Ctrl Alt Delete does not work, and the only thing that works is i can move the mouse. I have to hold the power button to restart. I've been told this problem might just be my processor. I have cleaned for spyware and malware everyday. This problem is the most annoying problem i have ever faced. I even tried reformatting. Even with a new clean copy of windows OS my computer still freezes when moving the mouse and keyboard.

Thanks for ANY help on this situation.

Michael

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Have you tried going over to HP's web page and checking tech support to see if this is a known issue with this particular model? They may have a fix if it is...