Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Confuzzled

• Please log in to reply

DawgPownd

DawgPownd

• Pip
  • 6 posts
OK to keep it simple...................I am running Windows XP SP2, I just removed an old 15g HD & replaced it w/ a new 40G HD I am running it as a slave since I already have a primary HD (40G as well). After I installed it & booted up I got the message that there was new hardware installed & a new disk drive, I also checked device manager & it says the drive is working properly BUT when I open My Computer I don't see any indication of the hard drive. What can I do to resolve this problem? TIA for any help

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

You need to format the drive either thru windows or with software you can download from the manufactuers website, I prefer to use the manufactuers software as they should know what is best for there drives.

Also download the manual for the drive, it will explain exactly how to run the software.

Rick

DawgPownd

DawgPownd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi,

You need to format the drive either thru windows or with software you can download from the manufactuers website, I prefer to use the manufactuers software as they should know what is best for there drives.

Also download the manual for the drive, it will explain exactly how to run the software.

Rick

View Post

How can I format it when it doesn't even show up? It's not in the explorer tree or anywhere but it does show up in device manager as working properly

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I would download the manufactuers tools and give them a try

DawgPownd

DawgPownd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I would download the manufactuers tools and give them a try

View Post

Believe it or not their are NO drivers on the website. My HD is a Samsung SP0411N 40GB

DawgPownd

DawgPownd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for your help Doby. I ended up calling the PC shop I purchased the HD from & a tech walked me through the formatting process.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
your welcome glad you got it fixed.

Rick