Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I lost my Print Spooler

• Please log in to reply

LChevele

LChevele

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a compaq laptop. Since I was having issues with my print spooler using up all my resources, I did a search for all "spoolsv.exe" and deleted them.

WELL.. in my haste to I didnt realize that I have now deleted my path to my spooler for RPC somehow.

I tried to error nuke and regisrty fix and re-installed SP2. Nothing will help.

I can install the print driver software, but no printer :tazz: ( since the print spooler isnt working)

I tried enabling it too, again and again, I get the same error code:3 path not found.

I am going to assume that I deleted this IMPORTANT part of the print structure.

Is there a way to re-install it? or do I have to go back to a past recovery and hope it works.. and in the event that fails I just blow it away and re-install the OS all over again.

anyone do this stupid thing too? and if so how can I save myself?

Please let me know..

Lisa :)

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I doubt that deleting spoolsv.exe did any damage. Spoolsv.exe is created when the print spooler service starts. Your error nuker or installing sp2 screwed up the registry which now prevents the print spooler service from starting.

I had the same problem with the print spooler service not starting. I used the following link to solve the problem:

http://members.shaw....nterDrivers.htm

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could also click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and get a blue bar, when the bar goes, reboot.

This should replace any files you may need to re-instate the service

LChevele

LChevele

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I eneded up just installing a repair with XP.

Thanks..

Lisa :tazz: