Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Emachines T5026

• Please log in to reply

data98

data98

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Don't know if anyone knows or not, but what would be the best way too upgrade the video on this computer?? Some say it has pci express 16 and some say it doesn't. If it only has a pci slot...are there any DX 9 upgrade options in a pci video card? Also I was wanting too find out where too find a bios upgrade for this thing so that I'd be able too also upgrade the video bios too. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Data98 :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. I would suggest you start at EMachine's web page. They should have your answers there.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Although I would normally agree with Austin_o that the manufacturers website is the best place to start, I also know that emachines online product support is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I have been able to find the basic specs for your system but not the exact motherboard model, only the chipset which is the Intel 915GV.
This means that the board has Intel GMA 900 grahics accelerator built in to it but whether the board also provides a PCI-Express slot as well, I'm not sure.

I suspect you may have to open up the case & look inside in order to determine exactly what empty slots you have.

Jonafreeman

Jonafreeman

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
If im not terribly wrong.

no emachine is made with annything but pci slots and built in gfx.

kind regards Jonathan

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Check to see the make and model of the motherboard, E-Machines uses a lot of common boards and you may have better luck at the mobo mfrs. site.