Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msblank.html <---DIE!DIE!

• Please log in to reply

beatdogg

beatdogg

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I already did everything in the "read this before posting" thread twice. C:\WINDOWS\system32\msblank.html is now my homepage no matter if I change it or not. I also have this search toolbar that has links to many of my favorite things like Gambling, Pharmacy, Insurance and Adult (heavy sarcasm there...well I like adult and gambling anyway, but not on that toolbar). The toolbar also has a button that has the ol' red X next to the words "Remove Toolbar". When you click it, it heads to a site called every-find.info, which then bounces me over to NoAdware.net. They seem to be selling an adware removal tool. I bet it probably gets rid of that toolbar. What a great marketing idea! Maybe pharmacutical companies should try that too by giving you a disease and then making you by the medicine from them. Oh wait, they're already doing that. Nevermind. :tazz:

Anyway, enough sarcasm for one night. I've been trying to fix this computer for two days, so I'm delirious now. Like I said, I did everything on the "read before posting page" two times. So it is with great pleasure that I present to you my Hijack This! log: :)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:40:22 PM, on 8/24/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\popcorn72.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Nanette Lambert\Desktop\spyware removers\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = C:\WINDOWS\system32\msblank.html
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {CBD920A6-95AA-C6EA-7A2F-23ECD7E596DA} - qwe.dll (file missing)
O1 - Hosts: localhost 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV Agent] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp10.0] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [wormexe] PrcIdle.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserSp1] init32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlPanel] C:\WINDOWS\system32\popcorn72.exe rundll.dll,LoadMouseProfile
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WareOut] "C:\Program Files\WareOut\WareOut.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Preliminary] nmdllw.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Bogobot] utsgmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [XTermInit] wormexe.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{263E9851-6564-4EE6-BF01-F72D3B5DDD19}: NameServer = 69.50.176.158,85.255.112.8
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Thank you in advance for helping with this. I'm looking forward to going back and forth about 6 or 7 times until we squash this thing. :)

-Chris B.

P.S. I play guitar and I wrote a fun song about how much Spyware/Adware,etc totally sucks and so does everyone that writes it. It's as bad as viruses and should be illegal. I think I'll e-mail my congressman. :)

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi beatdogg and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

1. Go to Geeks to Go
. Click on My Controls at the top right hand corner of the window. (make sure you have signed in first)
. In the left hand column, click "View Topics"
. If you click on the title of your post, you will be taken there

2. Also, while at the My Controls page, check the box to the right of your post and then scroll down.
.Where it says "unsubscribe" click the pull-down menu and select "immediate email notification"

3. Please RIGHT-CLICK HERE to download Silent Runner's.
  • Save it to the desktop.
  • Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
  • You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done, let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
  • Once you receive the prompt All Done!, open the text file on the desktop, copy that entire log, and paste it here.
*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

Regards,

Trevuren

beatdogg

beatdogg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Here it is. I also just updated my Norton AV virus definitions (didn't have subscription on this comp before) and after that .vbs file ran I got messages about having a trojan horse, C:\windows\system32\hclean32.exe and it said unable to repair, then Access to the file was denied, back and forth in about 15 popups from NortonAV before it finally stopped. So I'd like to know how to kill that thing while we're at it.

"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 40, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"MSMSGS" = ""C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background" [MS]
"MoneyAgent" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"" [MS]
"WareOut" = ""C:\Program Files\WareOut\WareOut.exe"" [file not found]
"Preliminary" = "nmdllw.exe" [file not found]
"Bogobot" = "utsgmon.exe" [file not found]
"XTermInit" = "wormexe.exe" [file not found]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"NAV Agent" = "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"WorksFUD" = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"Microsoft Works Portfolio" = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"MoneyStartUp10.0" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"" [MS]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor" = "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"iTunesHelper" = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"Dell AIO Printer A920" = ""C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"" ["Dell Computer Corporation"]
"hclean32.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hclean32.exe" [null data]
"wormexe" = "PrcIdle.exe" [file not found]
"UserSp1" = "init32.exe" [file not found]
"ControlPanel" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\popcorn72.exe rundll.dll,LoadMouseProfile" [null data]
"dmrvx.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmrvx.exe" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E}\(Default) = "SearchToolbar" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll" [null data]
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
{BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}\(Default) = "NAV Helper"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]
{FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
INFECTION WARNING! "System" = "csrok.exe" [null data]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu\(Default) = "{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll" ["Symantec Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\
Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu\(Default) = "{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2}"

Group Policies [Description]:
-----------------------------

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\
HIJACK WARNING! "NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000001
[disables toolbar status changes in Internet Explorer|View|Toolbars]

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Nanette Lambert\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp"

Startup items in "Nanette Lambert" & "All Users" startup folders:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]
"Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer" -> launches: "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVW32.exe /task:C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec\NORTON~1\Tasks\mycomp.sca" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Symantec NetDetect" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE" ["Symantec Corporation"]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 11
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\
"{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus" [from CLSID]

"{08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E}" = "SearchToolbar" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll" [null data]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\
"{08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E}" = "SearchToolbar" [from CLSID]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus"

"{08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E}" = "SearchToolbar"

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21}\
"ButtonText" = "MoneySide"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{301DA1EE-F65C-4188-A417-9E915CC8FBFA}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll" [MS]

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Miscellaneous IE Hijack Points
------------------------------

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\

Missing lines (compared with English-language version):
"{CBD920A6-95AA-C6EA-7A2F-23ECD7E596DA}" = "FLKPT"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "qwe.dll" [file not found]

HOSTS file
----------

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

maps: 1 domain name to an IP address,
1 of the IP addresses is *not* localhost!

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

iPod Service, iPodService, "C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
LexBce Server, LexBceS, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE" ["Lexmark International, Inc."]
Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service, navapsvc, "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
SymWMI Service, SymWSC, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]

----------
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
DLL launch points and all Registry CLSIDs for dormant Explorer Bars,
use the -supp parameter or answer "Yes" at the first message box.
---------- (total run time: 70 seconds, including 19 seconds for message boxes)

Thanks again,
Chris

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
I acn tell you already that I just finished a battle with "hclean" and it is a hit and miss thing. There is just trial and error so far to kill it.

1. Copy everything in the code box below (starting with REGEDIT4) and paste it into Notepad. Go up to "File > Save As", then click the drop-down box to change the "Save As Type" to "All Files". Save it as fixware.reg on your desktop.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=-
"System"=""

2. Double-click fixware.reg and when asked if you want to merge with the registry click YES.

3. After the merged successfully prompt, please reboot your computer.

4. After reboot, please download RKFiles from HERE
  • Unzip RKfiles.zip to the desktop
  • Double-click RKFiles.bat to run it. It may take a while.
  • When it is finished a window should appear with a log.
5. Please copy the contents of the log and paste them here
  • Note: the log with be saved at c:\log.txt
Regards,

Trevuren

beatdogg

beatdogg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yeah, I was just searching symantec for hclean and I couldn't even get any results. It must be pretty new then, right?

I did the rixware.reg merge to registry, rebooted, and is my rkfiles log:

C:\Documents and Settings\Nanette Lambert\Desktop\rkfiles

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, THERE MIGHT BE LEGIT FILES LISTED AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE FIXING. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Files Found in system Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntfsnlpa.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdsndin.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\666.exe: FSG!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpsresl32.exe: FSG!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msexnpbi.exe: PEFSG!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\popcorn72.exe: FSG!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winctrl16.exe: FSG!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winctrl64.exe: FSG!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAwGpEc213

Files Found in all users startup Folder............
------------------------
Files Found in all users windows Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\tsc.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: UPX!t4
Finished
bye

Thanks again,
Chris

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Please download the Killbox by Option^Explicit.
  • Save it to your desktop.

• Run Killbox.exe.

• Select "Delete on Reboot".

• Copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them then press CTRL + C

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntfsnlpa.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdsndin.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\666.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpsresl32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msexnpbi.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winctrl16.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winctrl64.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\hclean.exe

• Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

• Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt.
    If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

• After reboot, post a new HiJackThis log here.

Regards,

Trevuren

beatdogg

beatdogg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I hope that did something. Here is the log. Thanks.

Scan saved at 8:04:41 PM, on 8/25/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\urlmap.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Nanette Lambert\Desktop\spyware removers\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = C:\WINDOWS\system32\msblank.html
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {CBD920A6-95AA-C6EA-7A2F-23ECD7E596DA} - qwe.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp10.0] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hclean32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hclean32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlPanel] C:\WINDOWS\system32\popcorn72.exe rundll.dll,LoadMouseProfile
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dmejr.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmejr.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{263E9851-6564-4EE6-BF01-F72D3B5DDD19}: NameServer = 69.50.176.158,85.255.112.8
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
The procedure did no go off as planned We will have to redo it and I am adding some changes.
  • Run Killbox.exe.

• Select "Delete on Reboot".

• Copy the file names below to the Clipboard by highlighting ALL of them, then press CTRL + C

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntfsnlpa.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdsndin.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\666.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpsresl32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msexnpbi.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winctrl16.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winctrl64.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\hclean.exe
    C:\Windows\System32\csrok.exe

• Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

• Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt.
    If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

• After reboot, post a new HiJackThis log here.
Regards,

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Mistake on my part

Change hclean.exe to hclean32.exe

Trevuren

beatdogg

beatdogg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
For some reason, this time around, I couldn't do the paste from clipboard. I copied from your post and no matter how many times I tried, it wouldn't work. I work in tech support for a software company, fyi, so I'm not just being retarded. It just wasn't working. So I tried to do each file individually and said yes to delete on next reboot but no to rebooting right now. After the last file on the list, I said yes to reboot. but then a message popped up saying that another application removed an entry in the registry. I should've written down the exact message. Anyway, then killbox just sat there and didn't reboot my computer. So I just manually closed killbox and rebooted. Here is the hijack this log:

Scan saved at 8:54:05 PM, on 8/25/2005

Running processes:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dmabp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmabp.exe

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
We will clean up what we can. Then I have a favor to ask of you. You will see a file Regscan.Zip to download posted an attachment to my reply. Please download the zip file, open it and run Regscan.vbs.

I would like you to type hclean32 into the type box for the first scan. Save the report

And type hclean32.exe in the second. Also save the report. So, in your next reply I need to see your new HJT report, plus the 2 RegScan reports.

All this info will be presented to our malware experts who make the fixes and we may get lucky and be able to develop a fix that appears to be eluding everyone else. Thanks

=======================================

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
  • First we need to make all files and folders VISIBLE:
    • Go to start>control panel>folder options>view (tab)
    • Choose to "show hidden files and folders,"
    • Uncheck the "hide protected operating system files" and the "hide extensions for know file types" boxes.
    • Close the window with ok
  • Please RUN HijackThis.
    . Click the SCAN button to produce a log.

• Place a check mark beside each one of the following items:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dmabp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmabp.exe

• Now with all the items selected, and all windows closed except for HJT, delete them by clicking the FIX checked button. Close the HijackThis window.

• Reboot Your System in Safe Mode

How to use the F8 method to Start Your Computer in Safe Mode

• Restart the computer.
    • As soon as BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode menu item
    • Press Enter.
  • Using Windows Explorer, locate the following files/folders, and DELETE them (if they are present):

qwe.dll <===You will have to Search for this one
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\chcup.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hclean32.exe
    PrcIdle.exe<===Search, please
    init32.exe<===Search, please
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmabp.exe
    C:\Program Files\WareOut<===Folder
    nmdllw.exe<===Search please
    utsgmon.exe<===Search Please
    wormexe.exe<===Search, Please

• Exit Explorer, and REBOOT BACK INTO NORMAL MODE

• Finally, RUN Hijackthis again and produce a new HJT log. Post it in the forum so we can check how everything looks now.
Regards,

Trevuren

beatdogg

beatdogg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Glad to help fight hclean32!

Here is the results from scan for "hclean32"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Regscan.vbs Version: 1.2 by rand1038

; 8/25/2005 10:17:39 PM
; Search Term(s) Used: "hclean32"
; 2 matches were found.
; The search took 2 minutes and 48 seconds.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"hclean32.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\hclean32.exe"

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1085031214-764733703-854245398-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache]
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\hclean32.exe"="hclean32"

hclean32.exe...
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Regscan.vbs Version: 1.2 by rand1038

; 8/25/2005 10:22:27 PM
; Search Term(s) Used: "hclean32.exe"
; 2 matches were found.
; The search took 2 minutes and 54 seconds.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"hclean32.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\hclean32.exe"

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1085031214-764733703-854245398-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache]
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\hclean32.exe"="hclean32"

and HijackThis:
Scan saved at 10:49:43 PM, on 8/25/2005

Running processes:

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)

So far, the toolbar has gone away. I used a link i made in Favorites to get to this page, so I don't know if I have control of my homepage yet. I'm hesitant to try until you say to do it. I don't want to open anything that I don't have to open.

There is one other thing that I've noticed from the beginning but keep forgetting to mention: in Explorer and Internet Explorer, on the menu View, Toolbars the toolbar choices are all grayed-out. So I can't turn any toolbars on or off. I'm sure that is related to something we are working on. But they haven't disappeared yet. Maybe that will mean something to that smart brain of yours :tazz:

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
  • Please RUN HijackThis.
    . Click the SCAN button to produce a log.

• Place a check mark beside each one of the following items:

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)

• Now with all the items selected, and all windows closed except for HJT, delete them by clicking the FIX checked button. Close the HijackThis window.

• Reboot Your System

• Finally, RUN Hijackthis again and produce a new HJT log. Post it in the forum so we can check how everything looks now. In addition, please run Silent Runners again and post the log.
Regards,

Trevuren

beatdogg

beatdogg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Toolbar choices are still greyed-out. But I haven't seen hclean32 since we did killbox. It seems to be running a little slow still too, but better than it was.

here are the logs:

hjt
Scan saved at 6:25:58 PM, on 8/26/2005

Running processes:

Silent Runners
"Silent Runners.vbs", revision 40, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"MSMSGS" = ""C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background" [MS]
"MoneyAgent" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"NAV Agent" = "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navapw32.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"WorksFUD" = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"Microsoft Works Portfolio" = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]
"MoneyStartUp10.0" = ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Activation.exe"" [MS]
"Symantec NetDriver Monitor" = "C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"iTunesHelper" = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"Dell AIO Printer A920" = ""C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"" ["Dell Computer Corporation"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]
{BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872}\(Default) = "NAV Helper"
{FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC}\(Default) = (no title provided)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF}" = "iTunes"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesMiniPlayer.dll" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]

HKLM\Software\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

Group Policies [Description]:

HIJACK WARNING! "NoBandCustomize"=dword:00000001
[disables toolbar status changes in Internet Explorer|View|Toolbars]

Active Desktop and Wallpaper:

Active Desktop is disabled at this entry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellState

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\Documents and Settings\Nanette Lambert\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp"

Startup items in "Nanette Lambert" & "All Users" startup folders:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]
"Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe" ["Microsoft® Corporation"]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer" -> launches: "C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVW32.exe /task:C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec\NORTON~1\Tasks\mycomp.sca" ["Symantec Corporation"]
"Symantec NetDetect" -> launches: "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\NDETECT.EXE" ["Symantec Corporation"]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 11
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Toolbars

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser\
"{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus" [from CLSID]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
"{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}" = "Norton AntiVirus"

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21}\
"ButtonText" = "MoneySide"
"CLSIDExtension" = "{301DA1EE-F65C-4188-A417-9E915CC8FBFA}"

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

HOSTS file
----------

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS

maps: 1 domain name to an IP address,
1 of the IP addresses is *not* localhost!

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

iPod Service, iPodService, "C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
LexBce Server, LexBceS, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE" ["Lexmark International, Inc."]
Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service, navapsvc, "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]
SymWMI Service, SymWSC, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe" ["Symantec Corporation"]

----------
+ This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
+ To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
+ To search all directories of local fixed drives for DESKTOP.INI
DLL launch points and all Registry CLSIDs for dormant Explorer Bars,
use the -supp parameter or answer "Yes" at the first message box.
---------- (total run time: 54 seconds, including 13 seconds for message boxes)

thanks,
chris

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
It looks as is your log is clean We will now try to fix the greyed out buttoons.

A. Export your current registry for security reasons.
  • Go Start>>Run and type the follwong into the textbox:
    • Regedit
    • a new screen will open
    • From the Top Toolbar of this window go to FILE>>Export and chose any name that you want and save it to your desktop.
    ==================================================
  • Download and install Registrar Lite version 2.00
    • Double click the purple Registrar Lite icon on your desktop.
    • Copy the line below and paste it into the "Address" field (located at the top) of the program:

• Click the "Go" button.
  • Locate NoBandCustomize and double click it. A small window will aappear and in the middle of this window there are 2 drop down boxes.
  • In the left box, make sure the left is set to: Reg_D Word and in the right, change the value from 0000001 to 0000000

• Right click on the entry and select Properties
  • Click the Permissions Button and a new window will open.
  • Click the Advanced button
  • Place a checkmark next to the following:
    'Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects...'
  • Click OK, Ok again .
  • Exit Registrar Lite.
Restart your computer, try out your greyed out buttons and post a new HiJackThis log with your comments on hoe the programming is your system malware-wise speaking.

Regards,

Trevuren

Edited by Trevuren, 27 August 2005 - 12:29 AM.