Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unremovable Virus [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cam

cam

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
when i open up AVG's test results, the file that's infected is C:\Documents and Settings\CARMELIA\Local Settings\TEMP\SVCHOST.EXE and the virus name given is 'Trojan horse Dialer'. it is still infected and AVG can't quarantine it.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Click Here and download Spybot Search & Destroy. It should remove it.

If you happen to get a large bill from your phone company because of this dialer, here's what to do:
http://clarkhoward.c...rn_charges.html

cam

cam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
i already have spybot - s&d and it can't detect the virus. it keeps telling me that no immediate threats are found.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Click Here and download The Cleaner. It's a free trojan scanning program that we recommend.

I think there's about a dozen threats that use SVCHOST.EXE as a file name. Have you just tried deleting it, and then check to see if comes back on the next reboot? This may just be the installer that hasn't been run.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.