Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

blocked file, checked by Nod32 [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

scarletb79

scarletb79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Thatman,

I deleted also an Altnet and a Sex registry key (I had problems with them months ago), I hope I'm right. Am I?

In the same path there are also other values related to my antivirus ans anti spyware, such as Nod32 and Spybot. Should they stay there?

Thank You,

Scarlet

Advertisements

scarletb79

scarletb79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
PS: Nod32 still meets that blocked file while scanning.

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi scarletb79

Click on start> Right click on My Computer > Select properties > In the box under perfomance click on setting > Advanced > In the box under Virual memory click on change > you will now see three bottons left click on No page file then select the Set box.
This will turn of your C:\Pagefile.sys

Reboot as normal

Run your anti-virus program.

Then turn your C:\Pagefile.sys back on.

Kc :tazz:

scarletb79

scarletb79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hello Tyhatman,

Done.

1 - To restore and turn C:\Pagefile.sys back on do I have to click on "custom file" or "system managed file".

2 - Then, which is the amount of space that I have to set? Should I set it or will it be set in automatic?

3 - I just remember that there was 7 hundreds and something, is it possible?

4 - But I don't even know what's that stuff, can you explain me briefly, please?

Thank You!!!

Scarlet

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi scarletb79

Reset your pagefile the way I have showen in the attachment.

That is all you need to do.

How is your system running now

Kc :tazz:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.