Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new grahpic card probelm

• Please log in to reply

Jebusss

Jebusss

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i just got a new geforce fx5200 256mb pci for my computer i installed it and it seemed fine but every time i turn on my computer a new hardware message comes up for my old graphics card i think the old grahpics card is in my mother board how do i get the message to stop?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key right after the beep until it enters set up, look for the option to disable onboard graphics or use your new card as the default device

Press F10 to save and exit, type Y to confirm

Jebusss

Jebusss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i tried but the only options were onbaord and auto and with auto the new hardware meassges still pop up

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right click on my computer > manage > device manager > find the onboard card and disable it