Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown File

• Please log in to reply

shady144

shady144

• Pip
  • 2 posts
On WIN98 start up my Mom is getting WJNOLX caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll etc. We can't find WJNOLX anywhere on the computer. Has anyone seen this message or know how to get rid of the message. Thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I take it you've used the find function to look for any files of that name in C: drive, including hidden and system files? I can't find anything about it on Google. It sounds suspiciosly like one of those virii that give the files arbitrary names to hide them from searches.

shady144

shady144

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we used the find files function.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It sounds like she has malware. She could go to the malware forum. You could look in several places to find references to it. the bootlog.txt in C:, in the Registry, the start menu and unfamilar folders.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
more specificly Go Here