Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Load Error! Press a key to reboot

• Please log in to reply

chaz431

chaz431

• Pip
  • 2 posts
A few days ago I left my computer on hybernate. When I came back, a few hours later, I pressed the power button to turn it back on. The toshiba screen came up, like normal, but then a black screen appeared with the message "Load error! press a key to reboot". If I press a key the same message appears. I have tried turning the computer off/on and it doesn't do anything. I tried a full system restore and it did nothing. I am completely lost and if anyone can help me I would be sooo thankful.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sounds more like a hardware/toshiba problem, where your system is not detecting the drive properly and that is a bios message--I have not seen that with windows and the point in the boot you describe sounds like it is occuring early in the process.

a google search seems to always show it occuring on toshiba notebooks, too, which somewhat confirms this.

If it were me, I would pop the drive and see if it is accessible from another machine (drop it in a 2.5 disk enclosure and hook it up via usb to another pc).

I think you are having a motherboard failure, tho

chaz431

chaz431

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
So I'm planning on just taking it into a store ( :tazz: )....best option?