Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant get into safemode

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Confused

Mr.Confused

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I tried going into safemode and it doesent work. It loads properly but then it kinda freezes. if i move the mouse and click something i cant see anythign happening but if i turn my monitor on and off i can see whats going on. so to see whats going on i have to constantly turn the monitor on and off. so its really hard to do anythign in saf mode.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
but if i turn my monitor on and off i can see whats going on
confused1.gif

Never heard of anything I like that. I can't imagine why that would make any difference, unless the problem was with your monitor instead of your computer. Do you have another monitor to test?

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi Mr.Confused

Is your monitor is working in normal mode

(1) Please run a free online virus scan here (tick the "Auto Clean" checkbox):
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

And a free trojan scan here:
http://www.moosoft.com/

Reboot your PC.

(2)Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log back here with the results.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

kc thumbsup.gif

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Mr.Confused

Is your monitor connected to a video card or is it connected to onboard video. If it is a card and you do have onboard, you can open up your case, remove the video card, reconnect the monitor to the onboard and reboot, see if this makes any difference in the monitor.

If you are running with onboard video already, try to borrow a card from a good buddy and try that. Please remember to touch something metal or wear a wrist strap before grabbing things inside the case. Gotta love static cling.... :mad:

If not I would do what the Admin suggested and try another monitor. Hope this helps.

Mr.Confused

Mr.Confused

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
ack
no spare monitot
ill find a friend to borrow a card from, or relitive [apparently has spare for some reason.

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
might yea, be something bad witht he system, or mebe monitor, might not be loading thr fefresh rate correctly, i belive it would do that if it is set to slowly