Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ABI Network Pop-Ups and other Gremlins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

GeekWannabe1

GeekWannabe1

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have run Clean Up, Ad-Aware SE, CWShredder, Spybot and Trojan Hunter. They all found things and said they were quarantined, deleted or eliminated but I still have pop-ups.

I am going to run the Hijack This program next, but I have a quick question first.

In the instructions, it mentions that anything that is disabled in MSConfig should be reenabled first before running Hijaqck This. Well I noticed, after running all of the above software, some of the names of the files listed there are spyware files. (for example, VB Bouncer is listed there but it is not enabled right now)

Should I really enable all these programs and run Hijack This or do something else first since some of these files are still listed in my MSConfig file?

Advertisements

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Hi GeekWannabe1, welcome to GeeksToGo

Yes you should enable everything listed in msconfig so that we can see what they are and deal with them. Leaving them disabled is not a solution. So please post a HijackThis log after enabling all in both statup and services.

Regards,

Armodeluxe

GeekWannabe1

GeekWannabe1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your response.

I need to close this topic out. I have someone assisting on-site. If it doesn't work out, as Arnold says:

"I'll be back"

Thanks again for your message.

Edited by GeekWannabe1, 28 August 2005 - 08:24 AM.