Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GSA-4163B problems

• Please log in to reply

Xenotron

Xenotron

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hello everyone, I have another problem.

After fixing my OS installation problem (bought new CD-ROM and everything worked), I now have a problem with Windows XP PRO recognizing my LG GSA-4163B DVD-RW. I didn't receive a disc with drivers or anything for it, I only received a disc with programs and after installing them it didn't do anything.

It shows them both in the BIOS when the computer starts up, the drive is getting power because I can open and close the tray. Once windows has loaded it only shows my CD-ROM. I have tried using Device Manager to unload all my DVD/CD-ROM devices, after a restart only my CD-ROM was detected. I then tried it again by removing my secondary IDE channel, same results. I then tried chaning my device 0 on my secondary IDE channel to DMA mode from PIO, that didn't solve anything either. I was going to try and update the firmware for the drive but without it being recognized I can't select it from the update program.

I'm out of things to try, can anyone throw me some ideas on how to fix this. I'm completely stumped on what to do now.

Advertisements