Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XFX Geforce 6600GT AGP problems!

• Please log in to reply

mentalguitar

mentalguitar

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi i've got a problem, I recently bought a XFX Geforce 6600GT AGP but it wont work! When i hook it up my computer wont even turn on, then after like 30 seconds I get all these funky colours on my moniter. But everything is running even the video card is running, I also have extra power hooked up to the card. I replaced my old power supply today with a 430W Thermaltake with 18A through the 12V. My old card (9200 Pro works fing through it). I also tried taking out half the ram of my motherboard cause I heard that that sometimes works too, but it didn't work. Here are my system specs... Thanks!
Gigabyte K7Triton Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1gb ddr pc2700 ram

Advertisements

WhatThe

WhatThe

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
What were you using previously? onboard video?

mentalguitar

mentalguitar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i was using my Radeon 9200 Pro

WhatThe

WhatThe

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Obvious I guess, but it is possible you have a faulty card, test it in a different PC if possible.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Did you uninstall the Old Drivers For your ATI ?

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Try NividiaDude's Idea, but if that doesn't work get the latest drivers for your new video card.
Regards RockyIV

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Thanks For The support Rocky :tazz:

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
No Problem Mate!

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Also, mentalguitar, the most common problem with people upgrading from an old video card to a more recent one is that they neglect the fact that there may be an extra 4-pin connector you need to plug into the video card from your PSU. Did you do that?

mentalguitar

mentalguitar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ya I added extra power, I took it in to the local store and he pointed out the problem right away. The fan got backed up by dust - was spinning but not really cooling the chip. So mabey fryed, I dunno he's gonna get back to me. Thanx!

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Oh... sorry to hear that

I hope that you can RMA or something for that...

WhatThe

WhatThe

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Faulty card ay? dam