Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox Extensions

• Please log in to reply

RosePetals

RosePetals

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Now that I have downloaded Firefox, which extensions do you think I would need the most? One problem I am having is everything still wants to open in IE when I click on it even though I have Firefox set as my default.
By the way, I LOVE this new browser. Much much better the IE.
RosePetals

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I have no extensions downloaded as there are no 'must have extensions' But you can visit their site and get additional ones! But not needed for FF to function properly! Go to Tools-->Extensions-->Get more extensions. I have got many themes though!!
Regards RockyIV

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi rose :)

Open firefox:

tools -> options -> general -> default browser -> place a check in the box to the left of "Firefox should check....." -> then press "check now" -> then "ok"

See if that works.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
for extensions I Recomend: adblock, firefoxview, tabed browser preferences, spoofstick.

there are a lot of others to choose from, just depends on what you want to do.

RosePetals

RosePetals

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks guys for the info. I will check out the extenions and read and see which one suits my need.

Excal,
Thank you very, very much. I put a check in the options and it is working now :) .
You have really been a big help to me :tazz: :)
Rose

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
get foxytunes. this allows you to play your music without leave FF :tazz: