Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox!Grrrrr....

• Please log in to reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Guess I will have to wait 10 more years!
RockyIV

Advertisements

Baggyboy

Baggyboy

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
I can't think how you can restore your bookmarks unfortunately. But I can offer some advice for later.

Once you have finished laboriously entering all your bookmarks into FF, simply click the bookmarks menu and select Manage Bookmarks.... In the windows that opens, click the File menu and select export. Now save your bookmarks.html file somewhere safe and easy to find again. Even back it up to CD or other removable media if you really, really want to keep your bookmarks safely archived!

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Thanks Baggyboy,
I was looking at that area yesterday and I saw that and I save it! Thanks!
RockyIV

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Yeh I use netscape 8 just because I can use the firefox engine then when a site doesn't work right I can switch to the ie engine.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Tried out Netscape before, say, a couple years ago. It wasn't particularly impressive, but I suppose the browser's gone through a couple of upgrades since then.

I currently have four browsers running side-by-side on my PC - Firefox, Opera, IE, and Deer Park, which is the browser I use most often. Deer Park Alpha 2 is the latest beta build of the next major Firefox release, and its got some awesome features - my personal fave is the Sanitize tool, which I configure to run every time I exit the program. Yay for automatic cookie/history/temporary files clearing! *Beams* I believe Firefox runs just a teensy-weensy bit faster than Deer Park, though - although that may just be me. Whatever the case is, those two browsers are most definitely at the top of my list.

IE, meanwhile, still remains on my system, although I've pretty much wiped out any sort of icons or shortcuts it has lying around on my desktop. Yeuch. I swear - if it weren't so ingrained into the XP operating system, I'd have that thing binned in a jiffy. *Shivers*

I hardly ever use Opera at all, but it is there just in case Deer Park or Firefox decide to crash on me. I've been lucky so far, I guess, but NO WAY am I going to go around rummaging into the depths of my All Programs list for IE for my surfing the 'Net needs should that ever happen. I haven't used it much yet, actually, but it is pretty decent. Clean-cut layout, fast, easy to use...and mouse gestures have got to be the coolest thing in the whole of Internet history since tabbed browsing. ^_^

Edited by cassykins, 03 September 2005 - 09:54 AM.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
But you need IE for Windows Updates! I even need IE for my Antivirus Updates!!

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
We can say that because WIndows Default Is IE Then we definately need it even if we do have alternatives !

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

But you need IE for Windows Updates!

True, but not completely. As you know, the WindizUpdate site works for the most popular alternative browsers like Opera, FF, and others. It may be the easiest way to get the updates through automatic updates though.

I even need IE for my Antivirus Updates!!

How come? :tazz:

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
I dont know? I use McAfee Antivirus and when I use FireFox to do a manual update it just says please enable cookies and I have so once I click on Continue nothing happens? So I use IE for Windows Updates and Antivirus Updates!
RockyIV