Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ZONE ALARM does system restarts?

• Please log in to reply

cybermaniac99

cybermaniac99

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey every1,

been a long time since i last posted!.........well anyways rt to the point - the prb is that from the time that i installed Zone Alarm Pro 6.0.631.003 when i start the system and get to the desktop, the system restarts without any error - this occers for 2 times and then it runs fine!...... the second time it shows a warning something like "system mech 5 is trying to launch startup guard every time the system starts"...........allow or deny?....well when i give allow it restarts again when i give deny its ok!!!! but a Startup guard error is shown!!..............so guys any1 with any idea to resolve this prb!!

and wht do u think is it casued by ZA...... the reson i think it is is that i had only updated ZA when the system restarted normally the last time - the prb started after the restart of ZA!

i got running
Spybot S&D
Ad-aware
Spyware Blaster
System Mechanic Pro
Norton AV 2005
ZA pro

if u want i can post a hikack this log too!!

so anyhelp is appriciated and thanked!!!

thanyou guys!!!!........hope some1 can help me!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, remove tick from system mechanic, click apply then reboot to see if it starts OK

If so, open system mechanic

If not, re-install ZA

cybermaniac99

cybermaniac99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thanx for the quick reply!

i seem to have got rid of the problem!.......... i did well the fol things!
*stopped startup guard - ZA can do its function! (and think there was a conflivt b/w them.)
*removed a few unwanted processes
*also removed dumprep 0 -k from startup list - it wasnt there before now!

now everything seems ok!..........and ya may i ask another doubt on ZA - well why is it that it indicates that my messenger is trying to monitor keyboard and mouse movements!.........is it cause there is akeylogger in my system? or is it normal??

thanx once again!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is worth checking with the Malware Team

Please go here

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum