Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PsP -Pros and Cons

• Please log in to reply

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Hey!

Anybody who can name pros and cons of psp knows their stuff!

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
This might go a bit 'off-topic' but compared with the PS2 it sucks! My opinion the smaller the screen the crapier it is! I hate portable consoles...I am not been mean but that is my opinion! And the graphics are below average!
They could have done better!
Regards RockyIV

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
But it can play Movies and Muzic and also is an mp3 and 4 player and a photo album and digital album and heaps more stuff

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
True, but if I wanted to that I would buy a Digital Camera or a iPod! I just dont get the hang of 'portable consoles' Just not my thing....

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well if you dont like them then you shouldnt have mentioned it as you are biased by the fact that you dont like handhelds.
I like the PSP stylish versatile and awesome gfx, the only real downside is that it doesnt have fantastic battery life but these things never do you can always get better batteries when they come out. IT could have done with the ability to write to the umds like a dvd ram disk or the possiblilty of fiting a hard drive(you might be able t and i havent seen it).

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Screen resolution is poor on portable consoles always are but PSP doesnt have the same Graphics as PS2 you can easily tell on metal gear acid i prefer DS as i can play Nintendo 64 games well simliar :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the resolutions will improve the res is better than alot of DS stuff.

Metalive

Metalive

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I don't see why you are expecting 1600x1200 with HDR and 300,000,000,000,000 polygons.

This is a PORTABLE gaming system. Considering the size, it's quite a remarkable piece of hardware.

It's not meant to have MINDBLOWING graphics. It's meant for people to have something to play on the go.

Edited by Metalive, 26 August 2005 - 03:22 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
For a handheld it does have mindblowing gfx puts the DS to shame metroid prime has decent gfx but it isnt a patch on the PSPs.