Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SysFade

• Please log in to reply

wimpylou

wimpylou

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try to restart or shutdown my computer, I get a End Message: Program SysFader is not responding, and it continues to try to shutdown. The program will not end, and my computer will not shut down, and the error comes up again. Task manager does not show any open programs. The only way I can end the program is to shut the main power source off and turn my coomputer back on and reboot. I've got MS Antispyware running, I ran Ad Adware and SpyBot, plus a full McAfee scan. Nothing there. I am running Windows XP Professional.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
From processlibrary.com:

sysfader.exe is an process belonging to the Nvidia graphics device range and is bundled alongside these products. This is a non-critical system process although it should not be terminated unless suspected of causing problems.

Re-install\Update your Nvdia Drives.

wimpylou

wimpylou

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. That worked. I had to totally redo all my display settings, but it solved the problem.