Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unexpected_store_exception

• Please log in to reply

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello,system restore didn’t work,what do I do?

Advertisements

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello,system restore didn’t work,what do I do?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP

Safe Mode did not work either?

On another computer you can go to https://www.microsof...nload/windows10

scroll down to
Create Windows 10 installation media

Click on Download Now
Follow the instruction under 
Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC (click to show more or less information)
You need a USB with at least 8GB
Then boot the sick PC from the USB and Repair.(You may have to go into the BIOS setup to change the boot order so it will boot from the USB and not the hard drive
If the hard drive has not failed then it should work.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello,when I try to reinstall windows on my hdd from the usb it tells me it cant because the disk is a gpt partition.
What do I do?

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I found some tutorials on YouTube about it but I ll wait for you to answer before doing anything

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Never mind,successfully converted in gpt and started the installation

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Windows reinstalled but all my files are gone,not a big deal but i didnt think it would erase everything.Do i send minitoolbox log again?

Edited by bambidbl, Yesterday, 07:48 AM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP

Sorry about that.  I think verifier must be broken in Win 10.  The last time I used it was Win 7 and it worked like it should.

When you said you converted in gpt did you convert the USB or the hard drive?

Usually there is a option to Repair but too late now.

In general a new install will need a lot of Windows Updates and probably some device drivers so go to Settings, Update and Security, Windows Update, check for updates.  There will probably be some driver updates under View Optional Updates, Driver Updates.  You should get all of them as well as any optional updates

Also the update that ends in 441 will fail until you manually resize the Recovery partition,  If you right click on Start and Select Disk Management then look at the disk 0 where C: is shown the partition to the right of C: is usually the recovery partition and by default it's a little more than 500 MB.  The update will not install until the recovery partition is increased in size by 250 MB.  The following manual procedure works well:

https://support.micr...a9-24c8229763bf

If you don't resize the partition the update will continue to attempt to install and fail and will slow down your PC a lot.

I guess the question is do you still have the crashes?

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello,about the files that i lost i honestly dont really care as there wasnt a lot of important stff there.There is effectively a lot of updates,i ll resize the partition,update everything and get back to you in one or two days if a crash happens.

Thank you for your help

Edit:Also, i am able to update to windows 11,do you think it is necessary to do it?

Edited by bambidbl, Yesterday, 08:22 AM.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

when i try to shrink the RE partition it tells me it cant,how to do it?

Edit:I figured it out after some researches,i ll get back to you if crashes happen again

Attached Thumbnails

• image_2024-04-15_173233386.png

Edited by bambidbl, Yesterday, 10:11 AM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP

You don't want to shrink part 4.  You need to shrink part 3.  Might be easier to do it in Disk Management.  Just select the partition with the C: and rightclick and shrink.  Change the possible shrink number to 250.

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello,crash again.Unexpected_store_exception

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,746 posts
1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach Files buttons, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

bambidbl

bambidbl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

here it is.

Attached Files