Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC is a mess

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

crapshooter

crapshooter

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Got a system hit hard with searc-h and ezula. CLeaned everything I could think of with Spybot, Norton and ewido. Here are my hijackthis and l2mfix logs.

Help?

Dan

Attached Files

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.

From the l2mfix folder on your desktop, double click l2mfix.bat and select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter, then press any key to reboot your computer. After a reboot, your desktop and icons will appear, then disappear (this is normal). L2mfix will continue to scan your computer and when it's finished, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log, and we'll clean up what's left. :tazz:

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder unless you are asked to do so!

crapshooter

crapshooter

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, that did it. I don't have the logs because my client deleted them instead of sending them to me.

Sorry but thanks for the help.

Dan

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi Dan,

It is very sorry state of affairs when people like you scavenge on the FREE assistance provided at this site by me and my fellow colleagues.

This forum is for help to home users and individuals only. It is not for people like you to take FREE help from this site and then charge for your services !!!!

I am closing both your topics.

In case you have any issues with my decision, you are free to contact me with your side of the story.

You also have the option of contacting the administrators on this site !!!!!!!!