Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't connect to one specific site

• Please log in to reply

At the end of my rope

At the end of my rope

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I've been trying to connect to a discussion forum for the better part of two days. It was down for a time yesterday, but is up now.

I've worked with three of the moderators of the site, who are unable to figure out what might be preventing me from connecting.

When I try to type the url in, I get a MSN message stating that the URL can't be found.

When I google the site, I can't follow the hotlink in (although I can view cashed responses). I then get a message stating that the page I am looking for is currently unavailable.

Although I have IE Privacy Keeper, I have also manually cleared the temporary internet folder, cookies, etc. and rebooted.

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed. It is up to date. The windows firewall is in place. I have tried disabling it for a moment to get in, but that didn't work.

I have AVG Free Edition, AdAware SE, Spybot up to date. No viruses detected. I am have up to date Spyware Blaster protection.

Why would one site suddenly be not be accessable? My ISP claims it's not related to them.

It is an adult site, but I have no filters on preventing the site from being accessed.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. :tazz: No one seems to be able to pin this one down.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

At the end of my rope

At the end of my rope

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I thought it might be helpful to do a system restore, since I had no issues before yesterday.

However...when I try to do so...I have no system restore dates available to try. I don't know why that is, since I allow the maximum disc use storage.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

I thought it might be helpful to do a system restore, since I had no issues before yesterday.

However...when I try to do so...I have no system restore dates available to try. I don't know why that is, since I allow the maximum disc use storage.

View Post

Automatic System Restore only makes a System Restore rarely on my old computer never!! So you have to manually manke a restore point I make one every three months! And can you tell us what that site is? So I can go there and see if it is valid.
Thanks
Regards RockyIV

EDIT: I just read your first post more clearly, So please DONT post the link as it is a adult web-site. Im afraid I cant help you on this! Lets hope someone else can help you!

Edited by RockyIV, 26 August 2005 - 06:36 PM.

At the end of my rope

At the end of my rope

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Not to worry, I wouldn't have. :tazz:

I know the site works....their administrators have spent a long time trying to get me in.

Just a question....is it possible that my ISP caches their "page not available" info? That could be causing the problem. Although the site's been up for more than 24 hours.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts

I am have up to date Spyware Blaster protection.

Is it possible that the site is listed in Spywareblaster's database and you have to manually permit it?

Johanna

I don't mind if you want to PM me the site link.

Edited by Czarina, 27 August 2005 - 10:57 AM.