Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ECC/Parity

• Please log in to reply

scott45

scott45

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I get this tip when I run system test I have 1023 mem DDR SDRAM I'm guessing this would be a def kind of mem that I would need to use.

I dont notice any prob that I'm aware of is this anything that would make a deff I Built PC for Gamming.

The way it reads is I must be using Plain Modules and If I change I would need to Use ECC/Parity and not to mix the two.

I have 4 sticks of 256 DDR SDRAM and 256 of DDR on Video Card So if I change The Modules I would also have to change the Video Card.

Is this somthing that would make a deff or just somthing that would make a deff on pocket Money.

Thanks scott

Tip T2546 - Large memory modules (512 or greater) should be ECC/Parity. Since the probability that a bit will be corrupt is the same or increases with module density, the bigger the module, the bigger the overall probability that you will get one or more corrupted bits. While these modules add an extra delay on partial writes (e.g. less than data width) as parity for the whole line must be re-calculated, the stability will be worth it.
Fix: If you plan on adding more memory, consider replacing the modules with ECC/Parity modules. Do note that running plain and ECC/Parity modules will turn off ECC/Parity for the whole memory array.

SiSoftware Sandra Help File

Advertisements