Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Excel 2002 paste problem

• Please log in to reply

gummybear

gummybear

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When pasting a large table of data into Excel, the paste produces a bit map. When I use paste special, bitmap is the only choice.
Is there a limit on the size of data to paste.? If I reduce the amount of data copied and then paste to Excel, the data paste into the cells okay.

Sometimes the large table paste produces an error: "another application is waiting on OLE to complete".
I must use task manager to stop the unresponding Excel application.

Any ideas or limits with pasting into Excel?

Gummybear

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi gummybear

What program are you using as the source of data that you are copying from? Have you tried saving the data from the original program as a file type that Excel can open? There are ways to overcome your problem.

"O"