Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My cpu is to slow...Help

• Please log in to reply

Skarman

Skarman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a 1300mhz pentium 3 cpu and the processor in "Windows task manager" is almost always at 100%. I know the basics in replacing(or atleast taking out and putting back) parts in my computer. I want it to run faster because when i play games such as Warcraft 3:Tft, when the units on screen exceed 300 it starts lagging for me and no one else.
Can I replace my slow cpu with another one? If I can which ones? If not is there anything else i could do.

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Are you going to buy new hardware like ram or use softwares to make it run faster?

Skarman

Skarman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I would like if i could to keep my hardware... my ram is 768mb so i dont think i need anymore... If i could buy a new cpu that would be nice...

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Download WinPatrol from Software Updates-->Security Updates-->WinPatrol 9.7 Released and install it and then get rid of any unwanted processes and then see what happens!

Skarman

Skarman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have removed programs before and i did run this one... It has not helped... Is there anyway i can take out my 1300 mhz pentium 3 and put in a newer fater CPU?

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
probably depends on ur mobo and 1.3 aint half bad i use to have a 900MHz and it wasnt too bad nothin compared to my 3.0 now but still what kind of vid card u have and man thats a weird amount of ram.

Lion