Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

software

• Please log in to reply

old momma

old momma

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I have made my own invoices, just the way I want them, I used excel to do this.
The problem is now I cannot find auto invoice numbering software that will give me
just the auto numbering, I do not need accounting,payroll, taxes, just the auto
numbering software. I will be happy to pay for the other stuff just to get what I
need, but I can not find one that will let me use my invoice, and with the disclaimers I need on them I had to make my own, to cover my business.
Can anyone Please tell me where to look, I have got Quickens on the way, but I
am not sure if it will work, and I need a back up incase it does not work, I tried
2000 office excell but it will not let me use my invoice. I have looked at Mr. Jeeves
and on Google. Thank You, Brenda

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
not entirerly certain what you are asking...you made an invoice in excel, but you say you used office 2000 excel.....

are these blank invoices, and you just want to print a thousand of them? Or is this some sort of functional, private invoicing program you are trying to develop?

old momma

old momma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Triple "D" Auto Repairs is a family business, and my youngest son who is a certified mechanic now made up invoices for our company. He has Windows XP on his laptop and used microsoft EXCEL to make the invoices the way we needed to have them. Where we usually get our invoices, wants 750.00 for 500 invoices, and that is just way to much. And now we need a automatic numbering software to use with it. The reason we want invoice numbers is for our tracking, the customer but mainly if we ever have IRS to want to look at our books. WE have been paying since 1988 to have invoices printed, we just want to do it ourselves now, it does save alot of money.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
so the issue is printing the invoices you have designed, but you are not going to use the excel sheet for data calculations/storage and retrieval?

What version of Excel was this designed in?

Here is my rough thinking, just as I'm sipping some tea...I might import the excel sheet into Word and then set up a footnote or header with the page number feature. The page number, at least in word 2003 is inserted as a frame, and can be placed anywhere in the page.

I'd superimpose it over the invoice number area, then duplicate the page, say, 1,000 times, and print....

Just bouncing some ideas around....I suspect there is a better solution if I think a bit, but that one ought to work and wouldn't be too complicated.

I would probably add that there are better ways of doing what you're doing--for example, getting a copy of peachtree and making a custom invoice form, but I suspect you don't want to do that or are not quite ready for that big a jump....you can often get Peachtree for $0 after rebate.