Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Product Key Issues

• Please log in to reply

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
A while ago I downloaded the 60-day trial of Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 (word, powerpoint, and excel), and then ordered the upgrade to the full version, and everything worked fine on my desktop.

Now when I try to install Office from the cd onto my laptop, it accepts the trial version product key during setup (it rejects the product key that came with the upgrade), but does not let me skip the trial version activation. When I select the skip trial activation and upgrade to full version option (my apologies for not having the exact wording), when I try to enter the product key that came with the upgrade I get an "invalid product key" error message.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Call your local Microsoft Office and they will either replace the key or the product

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yes,

microsoft office on xp or windows only allows you to put the key on about 1 computer depending on if you have a teachers edition or any other.

just call them up their really nice about it.

they will give you another key with ease!

CelestialTeardrop

CelestialTeardrop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
This is quite embarrassing. :tazz: It turns out that I kept making the same typographical error, which was the reason for the "invalid key" message.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting us know