Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dual Monitor Support?

• Please log in to reply

fuzzypuppy

fuzzypuppy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, I just bought myself a nice-low end computer to do my homework on. I find dual monitors assist me in this greatly.

The tech at the store (not a Best Buy type of store, more of a build it yourself kind of store) said that the ATI Radeon 9250 Sapphire would handle dual monitors if I used a DVI to VGA adaptor.

However, I installed it and I cannot get it to display my desktop accross 2 monitors, just the one plugged into the VGA port, not the DVI port.

Relevant info:

128MB ATI Radeon 9250 Sapphire
Asus P4VP-MX-UAYZ motherboard with integrated video

When I go into device manager, all I see is the ati card in display adaptors and in the bios I have no idea what I'm looking for.

................hope that's enough information

Advertisements

fuzzypuppy

fuzzypuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
as an addendum to my first post, my DVI port does not seem to work solo either