Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft making my PC crash.

• Please log in to reply

Loopah

Loopah

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello everyone. World of Warcraft is making my entire PC crash. I don't know the problem but what happens is at random points in the time I play (2-3 times a day) my screen freezes and the sounds freezes as well and the PC is not doing anything. I can't Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del. I have to restart. I don't know the problem.

Windows XP Pro
Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo
Amd Athlon 64 3500+
Geforce 5200 FX 246MB RAM
1Gig DDRRAM

The problem only happens when WoW is running.

Advertisements

Brack

Brack

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
ive had the same problem for about 2 times now... but unfortunately i cant remember a fix. im gonna work on reinstalling the game and other tasks... but ill be checking the forums and posting anything if i find a solution.

Peace out, Brack

Brack

Brack

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Dear god i think im on to something... Do this, open up your start menue > Run...

In the text box type in 'dxdiag' (ignoring the quote marks naturally). What this will do is open up the directx diagnostics options. Under the display tab, you will find 2 different testing options for the directx program. Mine had failed on the second test (cant remember the actual test tested, sry).

Im gonna go ahead and reinstall the DirectX 9.0c from the World of Warcraft disk. Im hoping this helps you, as well as i.

Peace Out,
Brack