Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP DOESNT LIKE MY BIOS UPGRADE

• Please log in to reply

tater1969

tater1969

• Pip
  • 2 posts
BOUGHT BIOS UPGRADE FROM ESUPPORT .My computer had xp preinstalled on it.Needless to say ,Xp wont load because bios code was changed.Not only that.My copy of xp is on acer recovery disk.Which wont work,becase now it sees my computer as an non acer system.Hate to go buy a standalone copy of Xp when I already bought it once with the computer.Help!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

When you upgraded your BIOS you should have gotten an option to save the OLD BIOS to a floppy.. Did you??

As for buying the BIOS upgrade, why didn't you just go to the manufacturers website and get the update from there??

(This looks suspiciously like another post concerning a different user that fell for the eSupport sales talk about the PhoenixAward BIOS only available as a purchase) !!!!

Murray

tater1969

tater1969

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh yeah i backed my bios,as far as the manufacturer ,acer dont want you touch the bios .They had processer clock speed locked in the bios ,was trying to overclock.So naturally there tech support aint going to help me.It just ticks me about my recovery cd.I bought it,its the same computer.When recovery cd tells me this isnt an acer system,it has a flashing cursor,like icould input a code or password to start installing.But acer isnt going to tell me what it is,because i could go to hundreds of computers and install XP.Last time I buy a brand name computer. :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You dont have to buy another copy of xp with the liscense, if you already have aliscence you just need an installation disk, microsoft dont care how you get these as long as you allready have a valid xp liscense.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Re-install to the old BIOS then..

Murray