Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

making a simple game

• Please log in to reply

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
im used to using if and else
and how is c++ not free ive got it right here on my computer do i have the wrong one

Advertisements

latinman

latinman

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Check out Gamemaker at http://www.gamemaker.nl  It's a very simplistic game creation program.  You could practically make a nice, simple game without any code whatsoever.  On the website, you can find about 7 tutorials, covering various aspects of Gamemaker, as well as a 266-page documetation that teaches you everything about Gamemaker, including how to write code for it.  You can also download games that other people made with it and see their code.  You can also download graphics and sounds from that website.

Some of the games that other people have made with it look like remakes of Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man (for the Super Nintendo).  It's pretty cool.

View Post

how do u use this program? I've never programmed a game, but interested in learning

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Although Gamemaker is simplistic, it does require reading and experimenting to learn it well. It would take me a while to explain how to use it. You can download the documentation, as well as interactive tutorials from the following addresses:

The Documentation
Gamemaker Tutorials
Gamemaker Download page

After you try the tutorials and read the documentation if you still don't understand it, you can ask me for help. The documentation can probably explain how to use it better than I can, but I will help you if you need it. I think you'll like it when you do learn how to use it. It can be just as addicting as playing a game. :tazz:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 05 September 2005 - 04:57 PM.

Throntel

Throntel

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

c++ isn't free either tho.. infact it's probly more expensive, and maybe even harder to find.

View Post

You can get C++ free, "bloodsheet C++" or something like that...

(might have misunderstood you, I'm not the smartest guy in the world :tazz:)

Edited by Throntel, 10 September 2005 - 04:35 PM.