My PC was working fine until yesterday. It's an older DELL. No new hardware was installed recently.
After googling the problem and doing what some have suggested I am still having no luck. What I have tried so far:
- Ran XP Repair. After it reinstalls all the files and stuff it reboots and same blank screen with blinking cursor
- Checked if the little battery on the motherboard is still good. I know this as the clock is correct.
- Reset configuration data in BIOS
- Removed all cards from motherboard except graphics card
- Tried switching graphics card with another one I had and same problem.
- Changed BIOS to do full memory check. It does not complain about any memory problems.
Can someone please suggest what I can try next to help pinpoint the problem? I am still unsure it it's a hardware or OS issue.
Any help will be appreciated.