Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shared Phone Line for Dialup

• Please log in to reply

tut

tut

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I have a dial up Juno account. While on the internet my phone would ring twice and hangup, not allowing me to answer it. Is there a way to temporarily disconnect from the internet when the phone rings and be able to answer the phone?

Advertisements

Chris852

Chris852

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
What's dial-up???? J/K, I'm not sure. The only thing I remember from dial-up was adding *70, to cancel call waiting.

Hopefully someone else knows.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
there is always callwave, its an interent answering machine, so that while you are online, via dialup, you can get a message deleivered to you right there on teh computer. I used to use it all the time. *70 is the route to go with dialup if you have call waiting.

there are some hardware devices out there that allow you to put the dialup on "hold" so you can answer a phone call, but I haven't researched them so I can't give a thumbs up or thumbs down on them.

RiverDanceGod

RiverDanceGod

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
You could get another phone line, but if you do it would cost the same as high speed for most areas. Plus you get their summer promotions, so that might be an option.