Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS Guard is gone, but... [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kkpjm

kkpjm

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I was having problems w/PS Guard, and ran Adaware SE, CW shred, etc. Seems to have cleared it up, including getting my background controls back. here's the Hijackthis log...not too involved compared to some of the other ones I've seen.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:58:25 AM, on 8/27/2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOLSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HIDSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVAPW32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SK9910DM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\POPROXY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WORKS SHARED\WKCALREM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://my.netzero.ne...ch?r=minisearch
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://my.netzero.ne...=A&UT=companion
R3 - URLSearchHook: URLSearchHook Class - {37D2CDBF-2AF4-44AA-8113-BD0D2DA3C2B8} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NZSEARCH\SEARCHENH1.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: Popup-Blocker Class - {52706EF7-D7A2-49AD-A615-E903858CF284} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\QSACC\X1IEBHO.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F0F8ECBE-D460-4B34-B007-56A92E8F84A7} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\TOOLBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV DefAlert] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Auto-Protect] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hot Key Kbd 9910 Daemon] SK9910DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton eMail Protect] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\POPROXY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System\spoolsrv32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spc_w] "C:\Program Files\NZSearch\nzspc.exe" -w
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display All Images with Full Quality - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\QSACC\appres.dll/228
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display Image with Full Quality - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\QSACC\appres.dll/227
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MSN Messenger Service - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

Am I free of the PS nightmare??

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello, welcome to the GeekstoGo Forums!

My name is Justin, and I will be helping you clean up your system. Lets get started!

Lets run this scan to make sure that you are clear of PSGuard.

Download smitRem.exe and save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.

Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.

If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Now scan with HJT and place a checkmark next to each of the following items, then click FIX CHECKED:
===================================================
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System\spoolsrv32.exe
===================================================

Close HiJackThis.

Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.

Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.

Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut, then do a full system scan. Make sure the autoclean box is checked!
Save the scan log and post it along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of the smitfiles.txt log and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.
Let us know if any problems persist.

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Here's the Hijack
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:25:05 PM, on 9/2/2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\MALWARE STUFF\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://my.netzero.ne...=A&UT=companion
R3 - URLSearchHook: URLSearchHook Class - {37D2CDBF-2AF4-44AA-8113-BD0D2DA3C2B8} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NZSEARCH\SEARCHENH1.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: Popup-Blocker Class - {52706EF7-D7A2-49AD-A615-E903858CF284} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\QSACC\X1IEBHO.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F0F8ECBE-D460-4B34-B007-56A92E8F84A7} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\TOOLBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hidserv] Hidserv.exe run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV DefAlert] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Auto-Protect] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hot Key Kbd 9910 Daemon] SK9910DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton eMail Protect] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\POPROXY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [intell32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\intell32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [spc_w] "C:\Program Files\NZSearch\nzspc.exe" -w
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display All Images with Full Quality - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\QSACC\appres.dll/228
O8 - Extra context menu item: Display Image with Full Quality - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETZERO INSTALLATION\NETZERO\QSACC\appres.dll/227
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MSN Messenger Service - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai...all/xscan53.cab

And here's the smitfiless log
smitRem log file
version 2.3

by noahdfear

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pre-run Files Present

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system folder ~~~

oleext.dll

~~~ Icons in system folder ~~~

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~~ wininet.dll ~~~~

wininet.dll Present!!

Post-run Files Present

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system folder ~~~

oleext.dll

~~~ Windows directory ~~~

~~~ Drive root ~~~

~~~~ wininet.dll ~~~~

wininet.dll INFECTED!! :tazz:

When smitrem was done, I got a message saying that there was an error in the cleanmgr file or program (I forget the actual wording) and then it said cleanmgr would now close. Then I tried to run adaware and it said there was an error, and adaware would now close. Adaware runs fine when not in safe mode....

After reboot, I had to get back on line to run the online Panda scan, and as soon as I did, the red circle showed up again in the toolbar! Then I couldn't get the Panda scan to run...it just sat there with no response. Then I came here to let you know what was going on, and when I clicked on the reply button, the PSGuard console came up!!!!! What is going on here!!??

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Lets find a clean version of wininet.dll!

Copy everything in the code box below and paste it into notepad. Go up to "File > Save As..." and click the drop-down box to change the "Save As Type" to "All Files". Save it as wininet.bat on your desktop.

dir %Systemdrive%\wininet.dll /a h /s > files.txt
start notepad files.txt

Double click wininet.bat and when it is ready it will open files.txt
Copy the content of files.txt and paste it here

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I ran wininit.bat, and the "Finished-wininet" window came up with this:

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>dir \wininet.dll /a h /s > files.txt
Too many parameters - h

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>start nontepad files.txt

Notepad opened up, but was blank!

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Bah your on ME. ME likes things to be specific, sorry about that. Try this version. It should work.

Lets find a clean version of wininet.dll!

Copy everything in the code box below and paste it into notepad. Go up to "File > Save As..." and click the drop-down box to change the "Save As Type" to "All Files". Save it as wininet.bat on your desktop.

dir %Systemdrive%\wininet.dll /a /h /s > files.txt
start notepad files.txt

Double click wininet.bat and when it is ready it will open files.txt
Copy the content of files.txt and paste it here

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Okay, attempt number 2 results:

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop.dir \wininet.dll /a /h /s > files.txt
Invalid switch - /H

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop>start notepad files.txt

And again, notepad opened but was blank

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Bah!

remove the /h from the batch file and try again. If it does not work this time(it better!) we will use a program to find the file.

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Allrighty, then! Here's the text file!

Volume in drive C has no label
Volume Serial Number is 4254-16D7

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

WININET DLL 585,728 08-27-05 11:55a WININET.DLL
1 file(s) 585,728 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\sfp\archive

WININET DLL 585,728 08-16-05 3:02p WININET.DLL
1 file(s) 585,728 bytes

Total files listed:
2 file(s) 1,171,456 bytes
0 dir(s) 7,248.67 MB free

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Lets make sure you have a clean version of Wininet.dll on your computer.

Jotti File Submission:
  • Please go to Jotti's malware scan
  • Copy and paste the following file path into the "File to upload & scan"box on the top of the page:
    • C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\sfp\archive\wininet.dll
  • Click on the submit button
  • Please post the results in your next reply.

Advertisements

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Here's the results...

Service load: 0% 100%

File: wininet.dll
MD5 c796f65b83623cdf0d99e58a805dfcd6
Packers detected: -
Scanner results
AntiVir Found nothing
ArcaVir Found nothing
Avast Found nothing
AVG Antivirus Found nothing
BitDefender Found nothing
ClamAV Found nothing
Dr.Web Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus Found nothing
Fortinet Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus Found nothing
NOD32 Found nothing
Norman Virus Control Found nothing
UNA Found nothing
VBA32 Found nothing

Statistics
Last file scanned at least one scanner reported something about: camplugin.exe, detected by:

Scanner Malware name
AntiVir X
ArcaVir X
Avast X
AVG Antivirus X
BitDefender X
ClamAV X
Dr.Web X
F-Prot Antivirus X
Fortinet X
Kaspersky Anti-Virus X
NOD32 probably unknown NewHeur_PE
Norman Virus Control X
UNA X
VBA32 Trojan.Win32.Aditer.1

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

Highlight wininet.dll and rename it to badwininet.dll

Keep this window open.

Now open a new window and navigate to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\sfp\archive\wininet.dll

Copy this file, and then paste it in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM

Then reboot your computer, and run Smitrem.exe and post the log for me.

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well, I tried to do that, but got a message saying that I couldn't rename it, it was being used by Windows.

I have now noticed that the whole time I'm online now, it seems like something is running in the background, because my cursor is flickering very fast, even now as I'm writing this....this is getting weird!!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but should I have been doing all of this in safe mode????

Justin

Justin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
1) Please download the Killbox.
Unzip it to the desktop but do NOT run it yet.

2) Then please reboot into Safe Mode by restarting your computer and pressing F8 as your computer is booting up. Then select the Safe Mode option.

3) Once in Safe Mode, please run Killbox.

4) Select "Replace on Reboot".

5) Open the text file with these instructions in it, and copy everything in the box below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing Control-C:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Wininet.dll
6) Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".
7) Under the box that says "Full Path of File to Delete", you should see another box. In this box please paste in the following C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\sfp\archive\wininet.dll
8) Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the prompt.

Let the system reboot.

If you were able to do the above without any problem, run SmitRem.exe and post the log for me.

kkpjm

kkpjm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well, after some trial and error, including MULTIPLE messages about missing .dll files when I went into safe mode, here's the smitrem.txt file...

FYI I still have that insane little red icon in the toolbar. When will this all end?? :tazz:

smitRem log file
version 2.3

by noahdfear

Pre-run Files Present

~~~ Program Files ~~~

~~~ Shortcuts ~~~

~~~ Favorites ~~~

~~~ system folder ~~~

intell32.exe
oleext.dll